This position supports the operations of the Child Centered Community Development Program by planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of program activities at different projects sites within BUSIA County. This position will majorly focus on sponsorship related services to enhance quality resource mobilization towards the operations of the program. Coordinates the implementation of sponsorship key focus areas and initiatives under Child Centered Community Development programme CCCD. The post holder will also work closely with CCCD field staffs to ensure sponsorship is integrated into Self Help groups structure. S/he will work towards the empowerment of communities by developing their skills to improve the well-being of the children.
To maximize overall impact through the contributions of others, the post holder will be required to initiate, develop and maintain a range of working relationships, including with government counterparts, SHGs, community facilitators and other stakeholders within CCCD operation area.
The position reports to the CCCD Program Coordinator.
Overall Programmatic Duties
- Participate in development of program operational and program-related policies and guidelines.
- Help in establishment of child related networks at the community level.
- Work closely with CCCD program coordinator in preparation of the project proposals, annual plans and budgets in consultation with target beneficiaries/communities and respective project coordinators.
- Establish strong sponsorship implementation and monitoring systems and strengthen systems for compliance to donor requirements.
- Work in close collaboration and coordination with the CCCD program manager to ensure the sponsorship initiatives are well managed and highly performing
Child sponsorship/children initiatives
- Support awareness raising activities of child centred community development, the selection of child monitors and ambassador families.
- Participate in the preparation of project annual plans and budgets in consultation with local communities and other project staff.
- Support involvement of self help groups on child related activities
- The role will also be responsible for initiating new and creative methods of strengthening communication between sponsors and the community.
- Liaise with the project coordinator to revise work-plan for all sponsorship activities
- Ensure quality communications from Communities to the sponsors for sustainable funding base for CCCD interventions
- Ensure effective participation of children in Sponsorship and other child related activities (Children groups etc).
- Coordinate the implementation of the community managed sponsorship model to comply with Child centred community development approach.
- Undertake sponsorship performance management to ensure Sponsorship targets are met.
- Liaise with project coordinator to submit monthly reports.
N/B: Undertake any other duty, which will be assigned from time to time.
Project Officer Requirements:
- Diploma in Development Studies, Project Planning and Management, Social Science or related field of study. (A degree in the above fields is an added advantage).
- 5+ years of Program Management experience in (child focused) community development;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in community development, integrated project management including Livelihoods, Education, Health, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Child Protection
- Demonstrated experience sustainable development and group empowerment with experience in Self Help Group (SHG) and Cluster Level Association (CLA) approach
- Excellent report writing skills
- Experience in Working with Monitoring & Evaluation systems including M&E frameworks such as Theory of Change and Logical Framework
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication and presentation skills. Knowledge of the local language will be an added advantage
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience using MS Office package including Ms word, excel, power point and outlook as well as computer data bases
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in building personal and professional networks;
- Proven track record in identifying, creating and capitalizing on funding opportunities;
- Experience in developing and implementing project phase out, exit and sustainability strategies;
- Good understanding of program, financial and operational management processes;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, interpersonal and cross cultural sensitivity;
- Being a Christian adhering to the Christian identity
- Be able to understand and communicate fluently in the local Language.
If you meet the above candidate requirements kindly send your Cover letter and CV as well as expected remuneration with the SUBJECT HEADING “PROJECT OFFICER” to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16th April 2021 by 5.00 p.m. Please include your expected remuneration, daytime telephone contact and 3 professional referees.
Due to volumes of applications, only Short-Listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: The position is to be based in BUSIA County.