The position of Driver primarily supports the operations of the Child Centered Community Development Program by Driving Activities at different projects sites within BUSIA County. This position will majorly focus on provision of reliable and courteous transportation service for AICCAD staff.
The position reports to the CCCD Program Coordinator.
Overall Programmatic Duties
This position is responsible for providing reliable and courteous transportation service for AICCAD TEAM IN BUSIA REGION.
Key Objectives for Driver’s Position.
- Effective vehicle maintenance
- Vehicle cleanliness
- Safe driving
These objectives will be achieved through the following key tasks;
- Operating and maintaining transportation vehicles with a focus on safety and customer courtesy
- Performing daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections
- Ensuring that periodic scheduled vehicle maintenance is completed and reported and performing minor maintenance tasks on the vehicles when necessary
- Maintains defensive driving
- Keeps the assigned vehicle(s) clean inside and outside at all times.
- Maintains accurate, up-to-date records on trip sheets, vehicle maintenance, fuel purchases, incident reports, accident reports, vehicle condition reports and other records that are requested from management.
- Fuels the assigned vehicle(s)
- Coordinates the schedule for major or periodic vehicle maintenance with management and staff to minimize service interruptions.
- Responds immediately to accident or medical emergencies by notifying emergency response providers, and rendering First Aid until emergency personnel arrive;
Requirements for appointment;
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have;-
- KCSE (mean grade C plain or its equivalent qualifications)
- A valid driving license free from any current endorsement(s)
- Attended a First Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week at St. John Ambulance or any other recognized institution.
- Passed practical test for drivers conducted by the respective organization.
- Mechanical experience is an added advantage.
- At least two (4) years driving experience.
- A valid certificate of good conduct from the Kenya Police.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, interpersonal and cross cultural sensitivity;
- Being a Christian adhering to the Christian identity.
- Be able to understand and communicate fluently in the local Language and have knowledge of the environs.
If you meet the above candidate requirements kindly send your Cover letter and CV as well as Expected Remuneration with the SUBJECT HEADING “PROJECT DRIVER” to email@example.com by 16th April 2021 by Close of Business 5.00 p.m. Please include your expected remuneration, daytime telephone contact and 3 professional referees.
Due to volumes of applications, only Short-Listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: The position is to be based in BUSIA.