The position of Senior Accountant will primarily entail supporting all finance work in Finance Department.
The position reports to the FINANCE MANAGER.
Key Responsibilities/Tasks for Accountant role.
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue and expenses entries, and monitor balance accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting, reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies for TVET institution /CSP ( Child Sponsored program) and any other.
- Summarize financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheet, profit and loss and other statements.
- Secure financial information by completing database backups.
- Support the centres to adopt best practices in financial accounting and reporting through capacity building and other strategies.
- Carryout routine banking transactions and ensure timely completion and review of bank and cash reconciliations.
- Prepare and file bank reconciliation statements as well as cash certificates in a timely manner.
- Compute and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Writing cheques and receipts.
- Debt collection.
- Assist in the preparation of the periodic (monthly) and consolidated annual budget for the region and properly monitor actual expenditure against the budgets.
- Support in implementing donor and Head Office financial directives as agreed from time to time such as partner financial management and cash and bank policies.
- Assist and participate in the organizational internal and external audits.
- Maintain accurate fixed asset register and depreciation schedule for all assigned centres.
N/B: Undertake any other duty, which will be assigned from time to time.
- Over 8 years of relevant work and progressive experience preferably gained through working in a Non-Governmental Organization.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance equivalent. Masters’ degree in relevant field will be an added advantage.
- CPA (K) Holder.
- Experience in using financial accounting packages especially QuickBooks (QB) and working in a computerized environment.
- Experience in using Advanced Excel.
- Experience in Grants Accounting.
- Ability to reconcile bank statements keenly, prepare standard financial reports on a regular basis.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with no or minimum supervision.
- Proven ability to work well with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders and to act ethically.
- Strong work ethic, based on proactive planning and personal responsibility.
- Customer service skills, a good communicator, Critical thinking skills, Time management skills.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, interpersonal and cross cultural sensitivity;
- Being a Christian adhering to the Christian identity.
If you meet the above candidate requirements kindly send your Cover letter and CV as well as expected remuneration with the SUBJECT HEADING “SENIOR ACCOUNTANT” to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th August 2021 by Close of Business 5.00 p.m. Please include your expected remuneration, daytime telephone contact and 3 professional referees.
Due to volumes of applications, only Short-Listed candidates will be contacted