Job Location: BUSIA County.
Reports to: Program Manager.
To provide overall CCCD (Child Centered Community Development) project oversight, team leadership, management and ensure project & budgets plans are developed and implemented according to agreed standards and quality. The job holder also ensures strategic alliances and partnerships are developed and maintained in order to achieve synergy and create adequate project visibility at the sub-county and county levels.
Project Coordinator Responsibilities:
Project Development & Management:
- Provide technical leadership and oversight of the implementation of Child Centred Community Development (CCCD) approach.
- Develop, maintain and monitor project plans & budget and project schedules.
- Lead annual planning and budgeting including developing detailed implementation plans.
- Develop phase out and sustainability strategies.
- Organize, attend and participate in relevant stakeholder meetings and forum.
- Participate in sub-county and county stakeholder engagement forum.
- Document and follow up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable, with the support of senior management.
- Initiate and participate in programme development activities, including concept notes and proposal writing.
- Participate in the development of project strategies and approaches.
- Capacity Building for staff, community and partners.
- Lead Lobby and Advocacy activities for the Community Engagement Alliance (CEA) grant
Result: (Annual)Program plans are developed and implemented according to plan and budget and reports prepared meeting the requirements of HACA and (back-)donors, resources mobilized and capacity of staff and partners enhanced.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensure project monitoring and evaluation activities are implemented according to organizational M&E systems. This includes timely submission of quality reports.
- Develop the project PMEL framework, specifically the Theory of Change (TOC).
- Document and share organizational learning, capturing challenges and lessons learnt during project implementation.
Result: project monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (PMEL) system developed and implemented.
- Undertake expenditure monitoring in order to ensure prudent and optimal utilization of financial resources.
- Develop annual budgets and periodic financial forecast.
- Ensure compliance to applicable organizational and donor policies and procedures, including Finance, Procurement and programme.
Result: project financial resources planed and monitored according to donor policies and procedures.
- Build the capacity and work with community structures such as Self Help Groups and Community Facilitators to ensure quality management of Child Ambassadors (CAM) processes.
- Work with the sponsorship team to ensure quality and timely CAM correspondence.
Result: child sponsorship system developed and quality of correspondences ensured.
Team Management and Administration
- Provide team leadership and performance management through coaching and mentorship.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Oversee day to day operations of the office.
Result: Team leadership and management administered.
Project Coordinator Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Development Studies, Project Planning and Management, Social Science or related field of study.
- 5+ years of Project/ Program Management experience in (child focused) community development;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in community development, integrated project management including Livelihoods, Education, Health, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Child Protection.
- Demonstrated experience sustainable development and group empowerment with experience in Self Help Group (SHG) and Cluster Level Association (CLA) approach.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Experience in developing and working with Monitoring & Evaluation systems including M&E frameworks such as Theory of Change and Logical Framework.
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication and presentation skills. Knowledge of the local language will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience using MS Office package including Ms Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook as well as Computer Databases.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in building personal and professional networks;
- Proven track record in identifying, creating and capitalizing on funding opportunities;
- Experience in developing and implementing project phase out, exit and sustainability strategies;
- Good understanding of program, financial and operational management processes;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, interpersonal and cross cultural sensitivity;
- Being a Christian adhering to the Christian identity.
If you meet the above candidate requirements kindly send your Cover letter and CV to email@example.com by 20th August 2021 by Close of Business 5.00 p.m. Please include your expected remuneration, daytime telephone contact and 3 professional referees.
Note: The position is to be based in BUSIA County.